Can I adjust the height that my Toyota trunk opens to?
Toyota vehicle adjustable power liftgate settings
Can you adjust the height that your Toyota trunk opens to? Depending on your model, you can absolutely adjust the settings for the opening height on your Toyota car’s trunk. You can find Toyota models with adjustable power liftgates here at Downeast Toyota in Brewer, ME.
Adjusting Height Settings on a Toyota Power Liftgate | How-To Video by Downeast Toyota
Steps to choosing the opening height of your Toyota trunk on your MID
There are a few ways to change the settings on your Toyota trunk. You can watch the video above for a visual guide to all the different ways you can do so. Here, we’ll run through the steps using the MID in case you want to review them.
- To use the MID to adjust the height by using the steering wheel controls.
- Use the arrow buttons on the steering wheel to scroll to the setting menu, marked by the gear icon.
- Scroll down to vehicle settings and hold the okay button to access the menu.
- Select PBD.
- Scroll down to opening adjustment and press the okay button.
- Scroll to your preferred height setting and tap the okay button.
What are the benefits of setting a height setting on your liftgate?
You might be wondering why this feature was designed when a fully opened trunk is usually fine if not optimal. However, one of the benefits of a height-adjustable liftgate is that people with a limited range of motion can still manually close the trunk if they wish to. Furthermore, setting a lower height option could potentially be useful in a small space, where the door would be scratched if it opened all the way up.