Where Are the Best Picnic Spots in the Bangor Area?
Spring has arrived in Maine! We don’t know about you, but we are ready for some warmer weather at Downeast Toyota. How do you like to enjoy the spring and summer months in our beautiful state? Families in search of fun ways to enjoy the weather may want to consider a picnic with family and friends – but where are the best picnic spots in the Bangor area? We are here to help at Downeast Toyota!
Acadia National Park
The Acadia National Park is a state treasure and a great place for a spring picnic. Explore 47,000 acres of shoreline and Maine countryside that provide plenty of incredible picnic spots with incredible views. Popular picnic spots in Acadia National Park include Bear Brook, Fabbri Frazier Points, Pretty Marsh, Seawall, Bass Harbor Head Light and Mount Desert Island.
Quoddy Head State Park
The West Quoddy Head Lighthouse may be the perfect backdrop for your spring picnic at Quoddy Head State Park. Seaside cliffs at the Quoddy Head State Park provide an incredible view of the ocean where you will see fishing boats, whales and more while you enjoy your picnic. The Visitor’s Center provides picnic tables and more for your family adventures.
Fort Halifax State Historic Site
Located at the conversion of the Kennebec and Sebasticook Rivers, Fort Halifax is the oldest military blockhouse in the United States and a historical landmark. Families interested in the history of the United States and the State of Maine, may find that the Fort Halifax Historic Site is the perfect spot for a picnic in the Bangor area.
List of Picnic Spots in the Bangor Area
Do you love to see different parts of the state? Do you love to enjoy a picnic with family and friends? Find a new favorite in the list of picnic spots below that promise to add to your spring and summer adventures.
- Penobscot Narrows Observatory – Prospect ME
- Fort Knox State Historical Site – Prospect ME
- Swan Lake State Park – Swanville ME
- Fort Point State Park – Stockton Springs ME
- Moose Point State Park – Searsport ME
- Warren Island State Park – Lincolnville ME
- Donnell Pond Public Reserve Land – Bangor ME
- Peaks-Kenny State Park – Dover Foxcroft ME
- Camden Hills State Park – Camden ME
- Lake St. George State Park – Liberty ME
- Birch Point State Park – Owls Head ME
- Damariscotta Lake State Park – Jefferson ME
- Lily Bay State Park – Greenville ME
- Whaleback Shell Midden State Historic Site – Damariscotta ME
Where are the best picnic spots in the Bangor area? Use this list of family favorites to plan your next picnic this spring. Add to the fun and get behind the wheel of the family-friendly 2021 Toyota Highlander today when you choose Downeast Toyota!