When and Where To See Fall Leaves in the Bangor Area
With the fall season right around the corner, many families in New England look forward to the vibrant oranges, reds and yellows that are trademarks of the fall foliage in Maine. If you live in the region and you want to know when and where to see fall leaves in the Bangor area, this overview will point you in the right direction. Slide into the driver’s seat of your 2018 Toyota RAV4 and enjoy a fall family adventure!
When Are Peak Fall Foliage Conditions in Maine?
Plan ahead for your fall adventure this year and take a closer look at when and where you will enjoy peak fall foliage conditions in the Pine Tree State. To make this simple, the state is divided into seven zones that will each see incredible fall colors at different times.
- Southern Zone – Portland, Kennebunkport and Camden Area – October 22 to October 27
- Eastern Zone – Bar Harbor and Machias Area – October 22 to October 27
- Central Zone – Fryeburg, Augusta and Bangor Area – October 15 to October 20
- Downeast Zone – Millinocket, Houlton and Calais Area – October 15 to October 20
- Western Zone – Bethel, Rangeley and Greenville Area – September 24 to October 13
- Northwestern Zone – Clayton Lake and Saint Francis Area – September 24 to October 6
- Northeastern Zone – Fort Kent, Van Buren and Caribou Area – September 24 to October 6
Located on the eastern coast of Maine in Bar Harbor, Acadia National Park promises to be a highlight of your fall foliage expedition. More than 158 miles of hiking trails and seven peaks that are more than 1,000 feet high mean that this natural gem provides incredible views of the Maine fall leaves. Explore the park with ranger-guided tours, boat cruises and solo hikes to see all of the fall colors the Pine Tree State has to offer.
Gain a bird’s eye view of the Maine landscape and the brilliant fall foliage from the top of Mount Katahdin. At 5,267 feet high, Mount Katahdin is the highest peak in the state and represents the northern tip of the Appalachian Trail. Experienced climbers who make the trek up the mountain will enjoy a once-in-a-lifetime view of the Maine fall colors. Intermediate trails are available for individuals who want a better view of the beautiful countryside.
Do you love to explore the Maine countryside in search of vivid fall colors? With this guide that highlights when and where to see fall leaves in the Bangor area, you are ready for your next family adventure. Visit the Downeast Toyota inventory today to find a Toyota-brand car, truck or crossover that is perfect for your next road trip!