Local Hiking and Biking Trails Bangor ME
Enjoy the warm summer weather while it lasts this year and get out and explore the Bangor area. Whether you enjoy hiking or biking the picturesque Maine countryside, these local hiking and biking trails near Bangor, ME are sure to appeal to the adventurer in all of us. With paved and unpaved trails meandering throughout the region, there is no shortage of fun for those individuals who enjoy the outdoors. Lace up your hiking boots, load your bike into your 2016 Toyota Tacoma and hit the trail in the Bangor area this year.
Local Paved Bike Trails Bangor ME
If you and your family are looking for a nice easy ride through the heart of Bangor, chances are you are more interested in a paved bike trail. Well kept and cared for, these local trails are ideal for a quick walk or a short bike ride through scenic Bangor and are perfect for younger riders. The short and sweet Penobscot River Walkway is a premier paved trail with picturesque views of the Penobscot River and Waterfront Park. Take a look at a number of asphalt and concrete trails in the Bangor area below.
- Ellsworth Rail Trail – 1.6 Miles – Asphalt
- Penobscot River Walkway – 0.5 Miles – Asphalt/Concrete
- University of Maine Bicycle Trail – 2.5 Miles – Asphalt
Local Mountain Bike Trails Bangor ME
A smorgasbord of parks inundate the Bangor area and many of them provide incredible hiking and biking trails that will deliver unprecedented adventure. With crushed stone, dirt, sand and grass trail surfaces, many of these trails are ideal for a family fun day and they traverse some of the most beautiful landscapes in the state. Many trails in the region follow old rail lines and pass scenic rivers and lakes, spanning multiple counties and distances as long as 85 miles. A favorite trail for many adventurers in the area is the Bangor City Forest Trail in the heart of the city.
- Bangor City Forest Trail – 9 Miles – Dirt/Grass
- Kenduskeag Stream Parkway – 2 Miles – Gravel/Crushed Stone
- Bangor Aroostook Trail – 50 Miles – Gravel
- Southern Bangor and Aroostook Trail – 40 Miles – Gravel/Ballast
- Down East Sunrise Trail – 85 Miles – Crushed Stone
- Four Seasons Adventure Trail – 26 Miles – Crushed Stone/Dirt/Sand
- Lagrange Rail Trail – 11.5 Miles – Crushed Stone/Dirt
- Essex Woods Trail – N/A – Grass/Gravel/Crushed Stone
If you and your family are looking for outdoor adventures this year, get outside and hit the trails. Local hiking and biking trails near Bangor, ME will provide miles and miles of fun for everyone in the family. Should you be looking for a new vehicle this summer, the Downeast Toyota inventory has countless high-quality Toyota models to choose from, including the dynamic 2016 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid. Stop in today and drive away in a new Toyota!