Are Toyota vehicles equipped with an autopilot driving mode?
Toyota automated driving system information
Are Toyota vehicles equipped with an autopilot driving mode? Some Toyota vehicles are equipped with Advanced Drive, which is a semi-automated driving system to be used under driver supervision. Scroll down to learn more about Advanced Drive. You can find models with Advanced Drive here at Downeast Toyota in Brewer, ME.
Video guide by Toyota USA: Toyota Teammate Advanced Drive Overview
When and where can automated driving systems be used?
Can automated driving be used anywhere? As a new technology, automated drive systems need to be regulated and used under appropriate conditions. Advanced Drive can only be used when the following operating conditions are met.
- On controlled access freeways and mapped roadways
- With driver supervision as assessed by the system’s camera and steering wheel sensors
- Between white lines that are detected on both sides
- While the vehicle position is identified by the sensors
- When receiving high-definition map data correctly